Tonight I wanted to talk about my favourite winter warmers, you know what I’m talking about – those meals that keep you cosy and warm in the winter months and the drinks that literally warm you to the bone. So here are my favourites:
1. Starbucks Gingerbread Latte – I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m not a fan of coffee, in fact, before a couple of weeks ago I actually hated anything coffee related. I swear I could tell if even one grain had been used in anything that I was near. But then I discovered the gloriousness that is the Starbucks Gingerbread Latte. Oh man, how I love the red cups. I tried one and fell in love, it’s like Christmas in a drink. Amazing!
2. Covent Garden Chicken Biryani Soup – I love soup, I love that it comes in so many different flavours, that it’s easy to cook and is always filling. Right now my favourite flavour is Covent Garden’s Chicken Biryani soup. It’s got spinach, chicken, lentils and spices and the smell whilst cooking is just divine.
3. Bean chilli baked potatoes – Another warm quick meal that is fast becoming my go to meal. Everyone loves a baked potato right, but with this topping it become an even better meal. simply take a can of beans or lentils and a can of tinned tomatoes with some cayenne pepper and a bit of chilli flakes. Cook these together to thicken and then spoon over the the baked potato – heaven on a plate!
4. Apple Crumble – Is there a better winter pudding? I don’t think so. Give me a bowl of this and some cold custard and I’m a happy bunny.
5. Homemade hot chocolate with mini marshmallows – My favourite thing to do is to light some Christmas scented candles, settle down on the sofa with a good book and sip one of these. Perfect.
Does anyone else have any favourites winter warmers?