This week has been fantabulous! Not only have I reached the grand old age of 28, but I have had a bloody fantastic time getting to it. The week when a little something like this –
Monday – Thursday
– Work, work, work
– A night of homemade pizza making and eating
– Lunchtime visit to a photography exhibit at Somerset House – not what I was expecting but at least I saw the newly uncovered water fountains
– Watching The Avengers Assemble
– Present wrapping for Fi – Pink tissue paper and black ribbon and bows
– Enjoying copious amounts of cake and biscuits courtesy of the lovely people from work – 2 packs of biscuits, 9 mini cupcakes, 12 caramel shortcakes and TWO birthday cakes
Friday – It’s my birthday!
– Woke up to a pile of presents to open – details of which deserve their own post, so keep your eyes peeled in the not so distant future.
– Discovered that Fi and I had done a bit of a twin moment with our wrapping, both with pink paper and black ribbon – all credit to Becca who didn’t mention a thing about this. I mean really what could she say?
– Time for brunch at The Riding House Cafe – I went for a Rickshaw fruit smoothie and a plate of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon – totally delicious. You should all try this place.
– Mooch around Oxford street and then a wander to Leicester Square to pick up some last minute tickets to a show.
– Stop for coffee and then back home for a recharge – a couple of sneaky Game of Thrones episodes and birthday cake!
– Diner at Zizzi’s before watching a musical – We Will Rock You. A super dooper great show. Funnily enough Fi and I saw this on our 18th birthday – I bought her the tickets, so it was somewhat brilliant that we watched the same show together 10 years later.
– Early morning run – 4.08 miles
– A slice of birthday cake!
– Train to Esher, to meet up with Mummy Evans for a bit of shopping before lunch at The Medicine Garden.
– Dinner with both parents at The Seahorse, a lovely little pub near Guildford. The food was delicious, definitely going to have to head back there again soon.
– Lazy morning and leisurely breakfast watching the family of foxes (mum and cubs) at the bottom of my parents garden. Lots and lots of cooing occurred!
– Trip to The Gap Outlet store for some bargain hunting – returning with 2 pairs of jeans and a stripy t-shirt.
– Long ambling drive home via West Wittering, Chichester and then Guildford.
– Roast dinner
– Back to London – lazy evening watching The Masters and setting up my new laptop – it makes writing this post so much easier + it’s pink!
All in all a lovely time was had – HAPPY DAYS!