So this month the budget has basically gone out the window! The whole idea of a budget just disappeared and I shopped way too much. With an unexpected trip to Westfield on the first day of the new month it was never going to end well was it! So my credit card may hate me right now but I’ve finally got a summer wardrobe that I’m happy with. My clothes from last summer are all too loose, so they’ve either gone on eBay been donated to family/friends or been bagged up for the charity shop leaving me with almost nothing to wear. Before this month I didn’t own a pair of shorts, more than a handful of summer tops (black, blue and navy are my staples apparently), more than one jacket and the only summer dresses/skirts I had were only beach appropriate if I didn’t want to wear leggings. So yes I had quite a way to go. Couple this need with a sudden heatwave in the UK and a holiday at the end of the month and you can see what happened! Anyway I’m not going to berate myself, I’m going to smile over the lovely purchases I have and enjoy them. Most of them I did think about a lot and I waited around until they were cheaper so that’s something at least!
1. Skinny Mini Skimmer Khakis, Gap, £14.99 (originally £34.99) – I mentioned these ages ago as the summer trousers that I wanted. Well they finally dropped into the sale so I grabbed them straight away and have worn them non stop ever since! The green colour was particularly perfect when I was in Dublin for the weekend – I blended straight in!
2. Denim jacket, H&M, £15 (originally £30 – I have been eyeing up this jacket for awhile and almost bought it last month when I had my spree in H&M, so you can imagine my delight when I saw it was half price in the H&M sale. Obviously I snapped it up straight away with shouts of glee and it’s lucky I did as the next day it had disappeared from the website (which is why there’s no link), so my timing was perfect. It’s so comfy and easy to throw on over any outfit.
3. Sunkissed Shorts, Gap, £14.99 (originally £24.99) – I actually got these in navy, but they aren’t available online so the pink will have to do. Another item (along with the cropped trousers) that was on my need to buy list and another Item I waited to drop into the sale. Totally worth it and they’ve been worn numerous times already thanks to the previously mentioned heatwave. Plus the navy colour is perfect as it goes with practically everything else already in my wardrobe!
4. Faux Patent Leather Flip Flops, Forever 21, £7.40 – Oh dear, I found myself in Forever 21 – oops. This might have been when things started to go wrong! As I do this thing where everything is such a good price that I pick it all up and then end up with a huge total at the end – it’s like Primark in that respect. Yes I did need new sandals as they look a lot smarter than my havianas, and they were super cheap – but they weren’t a necessity this month!
5. Monochrome Polka Dot Espadrilles, New Look, £9.99 – These shoes were desperately needed to replace a pair that I bought last year from Primark that have now most definitely seen better days. There was an incident with rain and a lot of puddles which means that those shoes are no longer white and they also have a bit of a dodgy smell going on. So out with the old and in with these new lovelies. They are so comfy and I just love the polka dot pattern, they’re are also perfect for the summer – you know when you want something more than flip flops but less than a ballet pumps. I never seem to find much clothing wise in New Look, but I love the shoes.
6. Essential Tank in cream and light pink, Forever 21, £2.00 each – A bit boring, but essentials to replace others that are dying in my wardrobe.
7. Multicoloured Striped Top, Forever 21, £12.75 – Again not needed, but I love it and have worn it a lot already. Plus it’s a light jumper and we know how much I love jumpers!
8. Wild Garden Print Racerback Tank
, Forever 21, £9.75 – This is such a summery vest and it was sorely needed. Plus it works perfectly with both my trousers and shorts.
9. F&F Fit and Flare Dress
, Tesco, £0 (gift, originally £25) – Okay so this dress isn’t included on the adding up of my spending this month as it was a present from my Mum but I wanted to include it as I love it so much. My Mum and I were in Tesco’s picking up some last minute barbecue bits and I ended up trying on a lot
of things. This dress was one of them. I decided against buying it preferring the other items and also not knowing when I’d wear it as it’s quite smart and all the events coming up where I could wear it had outfits planned already. Anyway my Mum loved it so much on me that she bought it for me – total love right there. It turns out that this was doubly lovely as the next day I was organising my outfit for a wedding at I discovered that the zip on the dress I had bought for the occasion back in March (see here
) was broken and therefore I wasn’t going to be able to wear that dress. I was so angry but thanks to Mummy Evans I had a dress on hand all ready to wear.
10. F&F Floral Floppy Skirt
, Tesco, £12 – I’ve actually been searching for a skirty that I can wear without leggings for ages. So many skirts at the moment are unbelievably short that I have visions of flashing to all and sundry and I don’t want to have to wear leggings all the time, I mean my legs are never going to get brown at that rate right?! So discovering this skirt was a bit of a eureka moment. There was so many other patterns and colours that I was seriously tempted to get more that one. but i’ve stopped myself, for now at least. Also it’s not too summery so I will easily be able to wear this with tights and boots in the winter.
11. Red flowered dress, Tesco, £25 – So I saw this and couldn’t resist. I love the tea dress style and again it’s long enough to wear to work bare legged – anyone else sensing a theme? – and will work in the winter with tights and boots too.
Metallic Striped Scarf, Forever 21, £8.40 – totally not needed, but so pretty!
Blue patterend top, Sainsbury’s, £7 (originally £14) – so I saw this on sale when I was food shopping, some how it found it’s way into my basket.
Maxi dress, Tesco, £22.00 – Another much needed item I plan on wearing this to death when I’m in Wales – in fact as this is posting while I’m away I’m probably wearing it right now!
I also picked up a couple of essential items –
Two pairs of pajamas, Primark, £16
Workout trousers, Primark, £7
Total = £186 – £37.50 items sold = £148.50
Surprisingly I’m only over my budget by £28.50 when you take off the money I made by selling a few things.
p.s. apologies for the bad formatting, wordpress was not cooperating and I gave up in the end!