As I mentioned the other day I am taking part in the Debenhams dream bedroom challenge. It’s being judged by Annie of Mammasaurus and Jen from Love Chic Living. Up for grabs are £500 worth of Debenhams vouchers so it’s totally worth getting your dream bedroom into the competition too.
Personally I am always dreaming about making changes to my bedroom, I love sleeping you see so it’s a bit of a favourite place of mine! Therefore this Debenhams competition has come at the right time, you see it allows me to dream, peruse and plan to my heart’s content with the added bonus that I might win this competition which would bring my dream bedroom closer to a reality. Only a little closer mind you as I don’t think i’ll ever get the huge space with walk in wardrobes and glass walls that I’m dreaming about but hey, that’s what dreaming is for right?
Teal arundel ‘Goodwood’ snuggler armchair – £660 (originally £1650)
Then we come to accessories a mirror, a lamp, some photo frames and a couple of trunks for stacking on top of each other.
Wood pink oval mirror – £16 (originally £20)
White resin photo frame – £14.40 (originally £18) x 3 = £43.20
White large trunk – £40 (originally £50) x 2 = £80
Last but not least is a throw and lots of cushions for the snuggler armchair. Somewhere to curl up with a book and waste an hour or two!
We Love Cushions Button cushion – £28 (originally £35)
Embroidered birds and flower cushion – £24 (originally £30)
Mauve fleece throw – £10 (originally £20)
So there we have it, my dream bedroom coming in at £2,209.20 What do you think? What would you do with your bedroom if you had £5000?
p.s. Someone please buy me the chair please, it looks so perfect for winter months in front of the fire 🙂
So I found myself wasting about two hours on the Urban Outfitters website the other day. It’s not somewhere I visit often (the website or the shop) as I find it a little bit overpriced and a maybe a bit to quirky for my tastes. So I’m not sure what took me there the other day but once I was browsing I just couldn’t stop. I came across lots of lovely things, so I’m sharing them with you lovely little people for today’s favourite things posts. These are all things that I would love to own – if money was limitless of course!
Number 1 – Frame It tape – this is a totally genius way to display pictures, wrap presents or decorate anything. The possibilities are endless.
Number 2 – Beracamy Provato leather bag – I need this bag in my life. Everyone should have a red bag right??
Number 3 – Eleven Paris Batman top – In my humble opinion this would be perfect for running in.
Number 4 – Mechanical Coloured Pencils – Here comes my inner stationary geek. Coloured mechanical pencils, what more could you want?
Number 5 – Fabric and Twine Memo board – I love this. We are actually hoping to make something similar for our picture wall in the living room. I love the idea of pegging up pictures, it’s such a simple idea and it means that you can always be changing them around and updating as you get new pictures.
Number 6 – Squirrel Soap Dispenser – Coolest. Soap dispenser. ever.
So this month the budget has basically gone out the window! The whole idea of a budget just disappeared and I shopped way too much. With an unexpected trip to Westfield on the first day of the new month it was never going to end well was it! So my credit card may hate me right now but I’ve finally got a summer wardrobe that I’m happy with. My clothes from last summer are all too loose, so they’ve either gone on eBay been donated to family/friends or been bagged up for the charity shop leaving me with almost nothing to wear. Before this month I didn’t own a pair of shorts, more than a handful of summer tops (black, blue and navy are my staples apparently), more than one jacket and the only summer dresses/skirts I had were only beach appropriate if I didn’t want to wear leggings. So yes I had quite a way to go. Couple this need with a sudden heatwave in the UK and a holiday at the end of the month and you can see what happened! Anyway I’m not going to berate myself, I’m going to smile over the lovely purchases I have and enjoy them. Most of them I did think about a lot and I waited around until they were cheaper so that’s something at least!
1. Skinny Mini Skimmer Khakis, Gap, £14.99 (originally £34.99) – I mentioned these ages ago as the summer trousers that I wanted. Well they finally dropped into the sale so I grabbed them straight away and have worn them non stop ever since! The green colour was particularly perfect when I was in Dublin for the weekend – I blended straight in!
2. Denim jacket, H&M, £15 (originally £30 – I have been eyeing up this jacket for awhile and almost bought it last month when I had my spree in H&M, so you can imagine my delight when I saw it was half price in the H&M sale. Obviously I snapped it up straight away with shouts of glee and it’s lucky I did as the next day it had disappeared from the website (which is why there’s no link), so my timing was perfect. It’s so comfy and easy to throw on over any outfit.
3. Sunkissed Shorts, Gap, £14.99 (originally £24.99) – I actually got these in navy, but they aren’t available online so the pink will have to do. Another item (along with the cropped trousers) that was on my need to buy list and another Item I waited to drop into the sale. Totally worth it and they’ve been worn numerous times already thanks to the previously mentioned heatwave. Plus the navy colour is perfect as it goes with practically everything else already in my wardrobe!
4. Faux Patent Leather Flip Flops, Forever 21, £7.40 – Oh dear, I found myself in Forever 21 – oops. This might have been when things started to go wrong! As I do this thing where everything is such a good price that I pick it all up and then end up with a huge total at the end – it’s like Primark in that respect. Yes I did need new sandals as they look a lot smarter than my havianas, and they were super cheap – but they weren’t a necessity this month!
5. Monochrome Polka Dot Espadrilles, New Look, £9.99 – These shoes were desperately needed to replace a pair that I bought last year from Primark that have now most definitely seen better days. There was an incident with rain and a lot of puddles which means that those shoes are no longer white and they also have a bit of a dodgy smell going on. So out with the old and in with these new lovelies. They are so comfy and I just love the polka dot pattern, they’re are also perfect for the summer – you know when you want something more than flip flops but less than a ballet pumps. I never seem to find much clothing wise in New Look, but I love the shoes.
6. Essential Tank in cream and light pink, Forever 21, £2.00 each – A bit boring, but essentials to replace others that are dying in my wardrobe.
7. Multicoloured Striped Top, Forever 21, £12.75 – Again not needed, but I love it and have worn it a lot already. Plus it’s a light jumper and we know how much I love jumpers!
Blue patterend top, Sainsbury’s, £7 (originally £14) – so I saw this on sale when I was food shopping, some how it found it’s way into my basket.
Maxi dress, Tesco, £22.00 – Another much needed item I plan on wearing this to death when I’m in Wales – in fact as this is posting while I’m away I’m probably wearing it right now!
Two pairs of pajamas, Primark, £16
Workout trousers, Primark, £7