So there was a peek of sunshine over the bank holiday weekend which means I suddenly couldn’t stop thinking about getting a summer wardrobe. Of course now I suddenly want everything I see. Here’s my summer wants so far…
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
1. Navy stripe sling back boat shoes. £15.00, originally £25.00, River Island – I’ve been after some boat shoes for a while. It’s always good to have other shoe options rather than just flip flops or pumps and I’ve only got one pair of white canvas pumps from last year that have definitely seen better days. They’ve definitely lived through too many summer shoes!
2. Coral Canvas Slingback Wedges. £27.99, New Look – I love this colour and can automatically think of plenty of outfits that they will brighten up.
3. Khaki shorts, £16.00, originally £20.00, Red Herring, Debenhams – I so almost picked these up over the bank holiday weekend, but then I changed my mind. I’m itching to get them back! I also think they’d look great with the number 2 wedges!
4. A Wear bird print belted dress. £35.00, ASOS – I’ve been after a couple of dresses for awhile. What I love about a dress is that it’s a ready made outfit, so perfect for those mornings when I’m running late! Or for trips when I only take hand luggage – maximising the number of outfits I can fit in.This along with 5 and number 12 are all on my ASOS ‘save for later’ basket. Any of these would be perfect for my trip to Dublin in July.
5. ASOS Mini skater dress in flocked spot. £28.00 – what can I say, I have a soft spot for polka dots.
6. Parisian Cream Floral Lace Layered Skater Skirt. £19.99, New Look – this is so pretty. If I didn’t already have my summer wedding outfits sorted out then this would already have been purchased.
7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12
7. White floral skater skirt, £16.99, New Look – talk about the look and feel of summer in one item of clothing. Love it!
8. Flamingo print scarf, £20.00, Oasis – I currently have two scarves that I rotate between, i’d like to throw another neutral colour into the mix and the flamingo patter gives it a little something extra I think.
9. White and black heart barcode tee, £12.00, Dorothy Perkins – I’m also trying to build up my selection of t-shirts back up and this one just caught my eye. It would be perfect for a lazy weekend in London.
10. Navy Stripe Canvas Tote, £14.99, New Look – A stripy bag? Tick, tick, tick. I need it!
11. Yellow leather flip flops, £16.95, Gap – Such a summery colour and would certainly brighten up any outfit.
12. ASOS Skater Dress With Wrap Front In Heart And Bird Print. £25.00 – I love the pattern of this dress and seeing it next to those yellow flip flops has highlighted a potential outfit…even more tempted now!
Hmm, the fact that i’m already lusting after all these things doesn’t bode well for June’s shopping budget at all!